Thursday, April 09, 2009

Changing my focus.

I decided to rename my blog today, after a stupid joke I made up* last night trying to recover from two days of sleep deprivation. Originally it was "Two priests walk into a bar. The third one ducks." Then I thought about "Two priests walk into a bar. An atheist ducks." Because I'm not religious. Or at least I think humans have screwed up religion which has left me with a strong disdain for it. That's another blog post, however.

Anyhow, I recently went back and re-read all of my posts and did some editing, with an eye towards other people actually reading this one day. Which may or may not include those I was bitching about. "Under my skin" was the second incarnation of this blog's title, and at that time became the place where I complained about those who had gotten under my skin; the blog was how I went about extracting them. After going back in time on the blog, I realized that I've also become a much happier person these days and therefore less inclined to let others get to me. So I've got a new title, one that I think illustrates perfectly my mental bent.

Yours, all bendy and stuff,
the CilleyGirl

*I may not have actually made up that joke. But since I've never heard it before, I'm claiming authorship from here on out. I had some others about lizards being snakes with legs (which I heard from Bill Engvall) and then the natural question of whether turtles are just birds without accessories (that part I did make up), but all of the rest were lost to sleep. It's probably a good thing.

No comments: