Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Random thoughts

What I'm reading:

A Girl's Guide to Vampires, by Katie MacAlister. I've never read a book of Katie's that I didn't like. Plus she's from the PacNW, just like me.

What I'm thinking:

That I really need to buy some new black slacks. I've lost about 12 lbs since December. There is a stack of too-big clothes at least a foot high in my den right now, but I haven't been able to find any black slacks yet that fit. Since I'm only about a fourth of the way to my weight goal, my new clothes shopping has to be limited to secondhand stuff -- why spend real money on clothes that will be too big in just a few months? Such is the case with this great pair of khaki Columbia Sportswear pants I bought last August -- another few weeks and they'll fall right off. Yes, yes, quit whining, right?

Speaking of weight loss, did you catch The Biggest Loser last night? I wonder how tough that jump "rope" challenge really is. It doesn't seem that hard -- well, except after 40 minutes I'm thinking anything would be tough. So, never mind.

No comments: