Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Guess who's coming to dinner?

It's you!

I was bored tonight so I took out the camera while I was cooking my dinner. So you get to come along for the ride. Heh.

Tonight's menu is a small green salad with a balsamic vinaigrette, steak, baked potato with sour cream, glazed carrots, and a whole wheat roll. Total calories: 614.

To cook tonight's steak extravaganzaa I had to fire up this big-ass grill....

To cook this itty bitty steak.....

Don't blame me. The grill belonged to my ex. He left it behind along with the dog.

I definitely got the better end of the deal. That's her waiting down below for a chance to lick the plate and maybe get a bite of steak. Speaking of which, let's see how it's doing, shall we?

Oooh, very pretty.

And very lonely here on this big grill with no one to keep it company but a roll (the baked potato was in the microwave.



All in all, it was a successful dinner. I love those glazed carrots.


I typically cook every night. My budget doesn't stretch to eating out every night, and neither do my jeans. Earlier this week there were turkey bacon burgers with roasted potatos and baked beans. Also some carrots. Did I mention I like glazed carrots? Tomorrow will again be steak, freshly grilled on the big-ass grill. After that, maybe turkey burgers, maybe chicken caesar salad. This weekend? I'm thinking salmon.

Hungry now? Good!

--the CilleyCookingGirl

No comments: