Thursday, May 22, 2008

Someone's got a sense of humor

As I've mentioned before, I'm on a lot of county websites as part of my job. Today's find is the website for Glacier County, Montana -- home of the Blackfeet Nation. And, apparently, someone with a sense of humor.

When I first pulled up the page, my browser told me I needed a plug-in, which I dutifully downloaded. I reloaded the page and found that what I was missing was background music. It's a really cheesy instrumental, nothing I needed. When I navigated away from the page the music stops (thankfully, I'm not real fond of pages with background music). However, as I was subjected to one or two second snippets as I hunted for what I needed, I kept thinking it sounded vaguely familiar. Right as I closed the page for good I realized what the song was.

It's "Afternoon Delight."

Heh.

I'm tempted to email them and congratulate them on their choice of music, particularly now that I just discovered that the rest of their pages (the ones I wasn't looking at) have an old-timey countryish song as their background music. But then they'd probably take away "Afternoon Delight" and I need all the laughs I can get.

--the CilleyGirl

P.S. Yes, I'm way behind on posting lately. I'll do something soon, particularly about my recent return to the zoo. I've discovered I have a gift with animals. Yes, it involves otters.

No comments: