Thursday, April 03, 2008

I had a great subject line but then I forgot it

It was a pretty good day to blow off steam in Cilley Land. My boss's birthday is tomorrow and he's taking the day off, so we threw him a birthday lunch today. Got some great Italian food brought in from Zeppo, in Lake Oswego. I had the penne porcini, penne pasta with a cream thyme sauce with porcini mushrooms and sausage. Their antipasti plates are really good too. Between the four of us, we polished off two bottles of champagne. I was lightly buzzed between 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. I haven't eaten mentioned the chocolate chocolate cake. No, this wasn't on my diet. Yes, I may have Pepto Bismol later this evening.

Hopefully tomorrow I can catch up on all the work I've pushed aside for the past two weeks. Boss is heading to the beach for the weekend and is supposed to play golf in the early afternoon, so he may not even call in. Yay!

What I'm Reading:

I finally managed to finish Murder Without Reservations. Now I'm on to My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon. Yes, there was a My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding.

I've been keeping a list of the books I've read this year. So far I've read 33, for a total of 11,206 pages. We're what, about twelve weeks into the year, so roughly two and a half books a week. Evelyn Wood is my idol.

All this champagne has made me sleepy so I'm calling it a night.

Cilley Dreams!

No comments: