Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I might as well exercise, I'm in a bad mood anyway

I had that poster up on my wall for years as a kid (Garfield, don't ya know). Probably explains a lot. Although back then I didn't exercise when I was in a bad mood. Or a good mood. Or any kind of mood. As an adult, though, I've learned the hard lesson that sometimes you just gotta do it. I signed up to do the Self Challenge this year, and it started today. So I hopped on the treadmill when I got home and did 30 minutes, 5 more than the Challenge wanted. Aren't I good?

I was gone all last week at a conference up in Wenatchee, and I'm still trying to reacclimate to being home. It was very draining, with long hours on little sleep and irregular meals. I did get to stay at my mom's for the week, so that was nice to be able to visit in the few hours I was there (and awake).

Weird coincidence at the conference -- turns out that one of the CPAs that a lot of my clients work with is an old friend of mine from college, I'll call him "Big John". We were neighbors for three years so we were pretty close at the time. I haven't spoken with him in at least 15 years, so it was so odd to see him walk into the conference on the first day. I just never made the connection between the two. I'm looking forward to catching up with him once our respective work schedules settle down. He was one of those guys that you just don't realize is such a great catch until it's too late. In other words, I was too young and stupid to figure out I should've made a play for him.

Which brings me to my social life, as in it's non-existent once again. I thought maybe, but apparently I was wrong. But in other news, I heard from The Boy again. Seems that one of those "hey, it could happen scenarios" did happen. My guess was that either he was a huge jerk, or he got hit by a bus or something. Turns out he had a computer meltdown, and since he didn't have my number.... Do I believe him? Eh, maybe. I might not really care, given that he lives in Seattle and I'm thinking someone local would be best in the long run.

In the meantime, I will play with my gym equipment and do what's best for me and me alone. That's all you can really do, yes?

--CG

No comments: